On Thursday, 100 civilians were reportedly brutally killed in an attack by gunmen in the Spin Boldak district of Afghanistan’s Kandahar province. Afghanistan’s Interior Ministry has blamed the Taliban for the incident. According to Afghan security agencies, the bodies of several civilians are still lying on the ground in Spin Boldak. Meanwhile, the Taliban has denied any involvement in the killing of civilians. Let us tell you that last week also the Taliban attacked Spin Boldak district.
Interior ministry spokesman Mirwais Stanakzai said, “Furious terrorists on the orders of their Punjabi masters (Pakistan) attacked houses of innocent Afghans in some areas of Spin Boldak, looted houses, and killed 100 innocent people in this attack.” Have given. “It reveals the true face of the ruthless enemy,” he said. A group of gunmen reportedly killed over 100 civilians in the Spin Boldak district of Kandahar province, Tolo News reported on Thursday, citing sources.
Last week the Taliban captured Spin Boldak and ransacked it. Video footage released by France 24 showed several Taliban members vandalizing the city, looting homes, and confiscating government officials’ vehicles.
A member of Kandahar’s provincial council said unidentified gunmen had kicked out and killed two of his sons a day before Eid. Fida Mohamed Afghan, a resident of Spin Boldak, said his son was not associated with any military group. “They say they were not associated with the movement (Taliban), but whoever they are, they should be caught and brought to justice,” Afghan was quoted as saying by Tolo News.