Education is usually pretty expensive – this is no secret. Families in the US often start saving up for their children’s education right from birth. They invest in education funds, try to take on a second job, and more. Despite that, many parents are unable to save enough to put their children through college successfully. Many students take on loans or find part-time work while in college in order to fund themselves. However, there is also one more way for students to fund their education – scholarships. In this article, we see some of the easiest scholarships that students can apply for in 2022.
Popular Easy Scholarships for Students
There are many scholarships out there to help students lessen the financial burden of college. They are given to students based on various criteria including but not limited to their academic scores, financial capability, sports prowess, or other talents. Scholarships usually have a lengthy application procedure and require students to write one or more essays as part of their application. You will likely need to deliver an essay, so writing is important. However, few students may not have a good grasp of the English language or have strong communication skills. For such students, a no-essay, easy scholarship is a good way to try to get some financial help.
Here is a list of some popular scholarships that all students should be aware of:
- Discover Students Loan Scholarship Award
- This scholarship gives $5000 to its winners. Any student can apply for the scholarship, as long as they hold US citizenship. Students should be 16 years or older when submitting their applications.
- The applications are not accepted past January 31, 2023. The money is provided for school years 2022 and 2023.
2. Nitro Pay for College Scholarship
- This scholarship awards $10000 to its winners. All students from any academic level and educational background can apply for this form of financial aid. They will be deemed eligible.
- Students must submit the scholarship application by August 1, 2022. They will know if they have won on or before December 1, 2022.
3. US Bank Student Scholarship
- This scholarship gives students an opportunity to qualify for financial aid valued between $4000 – $20,000.
- You are required to be enrolled in a school or college to submit an application. A student must fill out the registration form and complete and course on financial education to win.
- The deadline for this application is October 30, 2022.
4. Smart Owl Scholarship
- Smart Owl Scholarship is owned by Scholarship Owl. The winners of this scholarship are eligible to win $7000 to fund their education.
- The minimum qualifying age is 16. Only people enrolled in any educational program qualify. Needless to say, they must also hold US citizenship.
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is July 29, 2022. Students will be supported during the academic year 2022-2023.
5. Earnest Scholarship Fund Scholarship
- The Earnest Scholarship fund was started in 2019. Since then, every year the scholarship fund awards 50 students $5000 each.
- In order to be eligible to win this scholarship, a student must be a citizen of America. There are no constraints on their course of study.
- The deadline for this application is July 31, 2022, for the academic year 2022-2023.
These easy scholarships for students have high competition with many students applying every year. However, this should not deter students from applying for them.
A Few Final Words
In conclusion, an easy scholarship, as the name suggests, is not hard to apply for, meaning that a lot of people are eligible for it. The best strategy to apply for these easy scholarships is by applying to as many of them as you can. This increases the chances of winning a scholarship, as the general competition for such scholarships is very high. It is also recommended that students apply for a few specific scholarships that fit their criteria the most. Thus, they can make sure that they have a few different ways to fund their education.
About the Author – Joanne Elliot
Joanne Elliot is an education specialist. She works as a consultant to help schools and colleges design and develop their teaching programs. She is also a freelance writer who often writes for Custom Writing Plus. Her goal is to make education accessible and affordable to all citizens of America.