Good website design is key to creating a company’s online identity. Web design elements bring life to your business vision and connect your brand with potential clients or customers. With many businesses going digital, the online competition gets tougher and tougher. It’s for this reason that modern web design is more relevant than ever.
Your website is one of the first things your prospects see when they search for your brand or when they look for specific services or products online. It sets an impression on your potential clients and customers and gives them an idea of what sets you apart from other businesses in the digital world.
So, what makes a good web design? Here, we’ll discuss the key elements of web design to help you make a good impression on your prospects, attract more traffic, increase sales, and drive success to your business.
Key Elements of Web Design
Since web design plays a vital role in nurturing leads and getting more conversions, it’s essential that you pay attention to it. You should invest time and resources in ensuring that every element on your website creates visual harmony and contributes to the overall usability.
According to advdms.com, here are four important elements of web design:
- Straightforward Site Navigation
Simple site navigation makes it easy for your visitors to find the information they’re looking for quickly. It also allows search engines to index your site faster. For this reason, you should think about how your users will use navigation tools, menus, and site architecture when browsing and searching through your website.
Straightforward navigation lets your visitors access all the essential pages of your website. It makes it easy for them to go through the process of viewing your content and increases the amount of time they spend on your website. With more time on your website, the chances of them responding to your calls to action increase as well.
- Compelling Calls to Action (CTAs)
Every webpage should contain strategically placed calls to action (CTAs). CTA buttons and links act as a guideline for internet users to follow. Your website visitors may not be able to see the path to purchase a product or sign up for a service if there aren’t clear CTAs.
Here’s what compelling CTAs can do:
- Simplify user experience. Effective CTAs eliminate decision fatigue and promote simple directive statements to tell users where to go for the next steps.
- Direct your audience. A clear call to action reduces the chance of your audience leaving your page because they are confused or overwhelmed.
- Improve conversion rates and increase sales. The more website visitors you convince to respond to your CTAs, the better.
A CTA as simple as “Download Report” can be enough to get a client or customer to the next step in their buying journey.
A good web design creates a positive user experience. A user-friendly website is essential before a company focuses on improving its Google rankings. Responsiveness allows your visitors to stay longer on your website and increases their likelihood of becoming regularly paying clients or customers.
More than 60% of website visitors use their smartphones to access websites. This is a significant increase in mobile phone usage that has outpaced the growth of computer users in recent years. For this reason, it’s essential to optimize your website for a multitude of devices, including mobile phones.
- Stunning Visuals
Web design elements, such as color palettes, font types, and images, can create a better user experience. Although you have the freedom to use a variety of colors and styles on your website, it’s important that your website’s visuals remain simple and clear for users to have a clear focus on your content and see what they’re looking for quickly.
Here are some simple ways to keep your website modern, clean, and elegant:
- Color – Color can communicate your brand’s unique message and personality. Modern websites usually use only two or three colors to create a modern look. Too many colors can be visually distracting. Keeping your website’s color scheme simple will help create a cohesive look across all elements.
- Type and White Space – Typography is the visual representation of your brand’s voice. It draws attention to your website. Make sure your website’s fonts are easily legible to promote simplicity. Use at most three fonts per page. Provide enough white space to allow your users’ eyes to rest comfortably.
- Images – Images create a perception of professionalism and credibility in your website visitors’ minds. They should reflect your brand’s personality and identity. Choosing high-quality images and other web design elements, such as illustrations, clipart, logos, and icons, strengthens your business branding.
Good web design makes a huge difference when it comes to business growth. It’s essential that you invest in the best tools and practices to ensure that you have a website with aesthetic and purposeful elements. Doing so sets you apart from the volume of businesses in the digital world.