The most expensive 10 players in the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction held at a hotel in Chennai are Worth Rs 99 crore. This is probably the first time in the history of the IPL when the price of the top 10 players in the auction is 99 crore. The highest price has been received by South African allrounder Chris Maurice. He has been bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs. 16 crores 25 lakhs.
This is the first time in the history of IPL’s 14-year auction when a single player has received such a price. Earlier, the record was named after Indian allrounder Yuvraj Singh, who had achieved Rs 16 crore in the auction. However, more than him, Indian skipper Virat Kohli is found for a season of the IPL. Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Virat Kohli gets a total of Rs 17 crore for a season on behalf of the RCB.
The most expensive 10 players in the auction for the 14th season of the IPL include the names of only two Indian players. Surprisingly, both these players are still uncapped, i.e., they have not got the opportunity to play for the Indian team. Allrounder Krishappa Gautam and allrounder Shah Rukh Khan have received hefty sums of money as Indians in the auction of this IPL. Gautam has received 9 crores 25 lakh from the CSK, while Shah Rukh Khan has been bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 5 crores 25 lakh.
Most expensive buys in IPL 2021
1. Chris Morris bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 16 crore 25 lakh
2. Kyle Jamieson bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 15 crore
3. Glenn Maxwell bought by RCB for Rs 14 crore 25 lakh
4. Jhay Richardson bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 14 crore
5. Krishnappa Gautam bought by CSK for Rs 9 crore 25 lakh
6. Rilee Meredith bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 8 crore
7. Moin Ali bought by Chennai Super Kings for Rs 7 crore
8. Shah Rukh Khan bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 5 crore 25 lakh
9. Tom Curron bought by Delhi Capitals for Rs 5 crore 25 lakh
10. Nathan Coulter Nile bought by Mumbai Indians for Rs 5 crore