Children get sick very often, such indicators are associated with the fact that they are constantly in a confined space, kindergarten, or school, where many other children are with them.
The infection tends to spread and “cling” to those children who currently have a weakened immune system. Acute respiratory infections develop into chronic or severe forms of diseases, which is a direct need to take antibiotics, there are no other ways to get rid of an already developing disease. But how to restore the health of your baby after he had been ill and was treated with antibiotics? Experts offer several effective ways:
1. An important point is to take an antibiotic only when it is prescribed by your doctor. The dosage and time of taking the medicines must also be agreed upon with the doctor, otherwise, after the “bad faith” treatment, side effects will follow and in many cases, they can be eliminated only with the help of potent drugs in inpatient treatment under the supervision of physicians.
2. As a rule, while taking antibiotics, the pediatrician prescribes additional drugs that “soften” the effect of antibiotics on the intestinal microflora. It can be ordinary fermented milk products: kefir, fermented baked milk, yogurt; but there are also special products containing Lacto- and bifidobacteria, they are already sold ready-made in pharmacies.
3. During the period of illness and antibiotic treatment, diet food should be prepared and given to your child to eat. This method will help restore the intestinal microflora much faster and the child will not have to sit on a diet for a long time.
4. Vitamins are an essential component in the process of restoring a child’s body after antibiotics. It is better, of course, if these are “natural” vitamins contained in food, but if this is not possible, then those vitamins that are sold in pharmacies in the form of complex preparations saturated with several groups of necessary vitamins will come to the rescue. But here, again, it is important to consult a doctor and not make independent decisions so as not to harm your child.
5. After the child has stopped taking antibiotics and is completely cured, it is worth considering how best to strengthen the child’s immunity so that there will be no next time. The right ways to “harden” the immunity of children are physical education (exercises, professional activities in any kind of sports, gardening, etc.), healthy and proper nutrition, as well as a positive attitude, which most often depends not on children, but on their parents.