On August 28, a mahapanchayat of farmers was held in protest against the lathi-charge at Bastara toll plaza of Karnal on Delhi-Chandigarh National Highway. Apart from Gurnam Singh Chaduni, Rakesh Tikait and Yogendra Yadav also participated in the Mahapanchayat.
On the appeal of the administration, the United Kisan Morcha agreed to talks. After this, an 11 member committee of Rakesh Tikait, Gurnam Singh Chaduni, and Yogendra Yadav reached Karnal Mini Secretariat. At the same time, the small secretariat was fortified on the arrival of the peasant leaders. The security system has been increased. Tight security arrangements have been made on the roads leading to the building. At the same time, about a hundred farmers have reached the Mini Secretariat along with the 11 member committee.
Yogendra Yadav said, after the order of the government, the Karnal DC, after holding a press conference, was asked to shut down the internet and stop the farmers from coming. The United Kisan Morcha took this as a challenge. In the evening itself, top leaders held a meeting and brainstormed about this. After that, he traveled. Yogendra Yadav said, now want to ask the government which law allows breaking someone’s head.
Appealing to the farmers, he said that discipline should not be disturbed under any circumstances. The government intends that discipline should be broken and the movement should also be dissolved, but the farmer will not allow this to happen. Today we will show that farmers are discipline-loving, justice-loving, and unity-power.
Chaduni said the administration has called for talks. The administration said that before gheraoing the mini secretariat, do talk once. Chadhuni sought people’s opinions from the stage itself. He said whether to travel or not. Some people supported it, some people rejected it. While Chaduni talked about talks, everyone supported them. The administration has called the 11-member committee to the District Mini Secretariat for talks.
This committee will talk to the administration
Rakesh Tikait, Balbir Singh Rajewal, Gurnam Singh Chaduni, Dr. Darshanpal, Ram Pal Chahal, Ajay Rana, Sukhwinder Singh, Vikas Sisar, Yogendra Yadav, Com. Inderjit Singh, Suresh Got on behalf of the Kisan United Front on the offer of the meeting by the Karnal administration. has been included in the committee.
Our enemies brought weapons
Chadhuni said it has been reported that some people have brought weapons among us. this is wrong. If so, then immediately identify them and bring them to the stage. Those who have brought weapons. They are our enemies. We don’t have to attack, we have to talk peacefully.
Instructions issued by Karnal District and Police Administration
Police and district administration has given instructions regarding Kisan Mahapanchayat in Karnal. The administration has stated that some elements equipped with sticks, jelly, iron rods, etc. have reached the grain market from Rambha, some from Missing, and some other places in the panchayat. They can do some untoward incidents. The farmer leaders tried to make such mischievous elements leave the venue, but they are not listening to their leaders. Karnal district administration and police are warning such mischievous elements not to take the law into their hands and maintain public order. All such elements will be dealt with strictly as per law.
- Farmer leader Rakesh Tikait, Yogendra Yadav along with farmer leader Rajewal from Punjab also reached the Mahapanchayat at 12.04 in Karnal Mahapanchayat. The meeting started with the administration for the peaceful march of the farmers towards the Mini Secretariat. As soon as Rakesh Tikait reached the Mahapanchayat, the farmers started shouting slogans against the administration.
- Two-wheelers and four-wheelers were relaxed in the morning for entry into the city, but the blockade was tightened at 12 o’clock after information about the strategy for the small secretariat of farmers. This is the situation at all the entry points of the city. Police are also stopping pedestrians for movement. Due to the closure of traffic, vehicles have started jamming on both sides of the police blocks.
- Especially around the Karnal Sector-12 Small Secretariat, the police got the shutters down of the open offices and shops and the SP inspected the police blocks and ordered the soldiers to be alert.
- The time for reaching the Mahapanchayat was fixed at ten in the morning. After about a quarter of an hour, the mahapanchayat started at 11:15. State President of Bharatiya Kisan Union Gurnam Singh Chaduni has also reached.
- Gurnam Singh Chadhuni said that Gurnam Singh Chadhuni said that many big farmer leaders are getting support from all over the country. There will be a flood on the land of Karnal. Farmer leaders from Haryana, Telangana, Punjab, Kerala, South India, and Madhya Pradesh have come to the Mahapanchayat. He said we were successful in the first mission. The police administration tried to stop it, but the mahapanchayat started. Now the decision will be taken from the stage for the gherao of the second mission mini secretariat. Chaduni said a joint decision will be taken jointly in the forum. After that, the decision will be conveyed from the stage itself. We will be successful in any situation.
- Gurnam Singh has started addressing about four thousand farmers in Kisan Mahapanchayat at 11.28 am. During this, the farmer also raised slogans. As soon as the Kisan Mahapanchayat started, the police became alert on the road leading to the district secretariat and sand-gravel dumpers were erected on the way. On this occasion, women state president Suman Hooda, Sudesh Goyat, Gurnam Singh from Madhya Pradesh, V Vacant from Telangana, P Krishnaprasad from Kerala, Com Inderjit Singh, Pradeep Hooda, Jagdeep Aulakh, Ajay Singh Rana were present.
Police guard here and there
Due to the mahapanchayat of the farmers in the grain market, the police are deployed in every corner of the city with the instruction of security. Police are guarded near Pingali Chowk located at Baldi Bypass, Agrasen Chowk, Ambedkar Chowk, Bus Stand, Namaste Chowk, ITI Chowk, Sector-6 Chowk, Hansi Road, Chidhav Mode, Kachhwa Road.
It is raining heavily in Karnal even before the mahapanchayat. At the same time, the administration is also alert due to the Mahapanchayat. Section 144 is in force in Karnal. The route was diverted on the Delhi-Chandigarh National Highway. Internet and SMS services have been suspended in five districts including Karnal, Panipat. At the same time, BKU state president Gurnam Singh Chadhuni has released a video.
By 10 o’clock the shed of the new grain market was empty. There was no one on stage. Police are deployed at all the five gates of the grain market. A contingent of Horse Police has been deployed. Panchayat can start about two hours late than its scheduled time.
Chadhuni released the video and said, the police had sealed the panchayat in the grain market by putting up blocks. At the same time, now the message has come that the police block has been opened. No one will be stopped. Chadhuni said that now there is an appeal to the comrades to reach the mandi peacefully. No fuss and no fuss. If the police are standing in the way, then don’t say anything to them. Our movement will be peaceful. If a partner makes a mistake, the movement will break. No one has to mess anything up. The message of the police has come that all the barricades are being removed. At the same time, the decision will be taken in the Kisan Panchayat.
Slogans raised against SDM in Karnal grain market
Despite the drizzle since 8 in the morning, farmers had gathered in the Karnal grain market. After devising a strategy on Payont toll and Bastara toll, the farmers reached the grain market raising slogans and raised slogans against the SDM who ordered the mandi lathi charge. The situation remains critical as the movement of farmers increases.
- For movement on Delhi-Chandigarh Highway, vehicles will be allowed to move from Moonak to Assandh via Pepsi Bridge (Panipat) or from Moonak to Gagsina and Ghoghadipur via Hansi Chowk, Bypass, Western Yamuna Canal, Karna Lake, GT Road-44 towards Chandigarh. being taken out. Vehicles coming from Chandigarh side will be diverted from Pipli Chowk (Kurukshetra) via Ladwa, Indri, Bayana, Naval, and Kunjpura to Nangla Megha, Meerut Road to Amritpur Khurd, Kairavali, Gharauda to GT Road-44 towards Delhi.
- On the one hand, where the farmers are adamant on their insistence, the administration has put strict security guards to deal with any kind of situation. Police and CRPF personnel have been deployed around the mini secretariat since night and in addition to water cannons in the morning, roads have been started to be closed with sand-gravel dumpers.
The administration kept barricading all night
The administration kept barricading the city all night after the farmers’ warning of a small secretariat siege. Police posts were deployed on the link road of the city connected with the highway including the industrial area, Nirmal Kutia along with the PWD employees. Since morning, apart from DC Nishant Kumar Yadav, SP Ganga Ram Poonia, administrative officers were seen inspecting the nakas. Police personnel in plain uniform were seen giving information to the higher officials of the farmers’ movement.
Holiday atmosphere in the city
Despite Tuesday, there is a holiday-like atmosphere in the city today. Traders kept their shops closed due to the police block at every entry point of the city. By 10.30 am, the number of vehicles in the markets was less than daily. Only the residents of the city were seen leaving the house on two-wheelers for essential work, while the number of four-wheelers coming from nearby was very less. There is a holiday-like situation in the market. Similarly, apart from the general public, the khaki uniform was seen on most of the roads around Sector-12.