At least 8 people were killed and 60 others injured in a car bomb blast in Afghanistan’s western Herat province. Provincial hospital spokesperson Rafiq Sherzai said on Saturday that the condition of some of the injured is critical, leading to an increase in the number of dead. 14 houses have also been damaged in this blast. Most of the children are being reported among the injured.
Afghanistan’s Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said that one child was also among the dead, while 11 Afghan security forces personnel were also injured in the attack. No organization has taken responsibility for this blast so far. Only a few hours after the blast, the UN Security Council (UNSC) condemned the blasts and said that despite the resumption of dialogue between the Afghan government and the Taliban in Qatar, the attacks targeting ordinary civilians there were ‘alarm bells’ ‘ is.
The council said, ‘These heinous attacks are being carried out by activists and human rights activists in the administrative and judicial services, media, healthcare, including women who hold important positions and also those who are involved in human rights, ethnic and religious Working to protect minorities. ‘